Medical Social Services are important in keeping the families informed of the effects of an illness and how they can cope with it. The preparation of the psychological, emotional, and mental state is addressed though this service. Medical Social Workers provide services which include:
- Help in resolving social and emotional problems related to treatment of medical conditions and recovery process.
- Assessments and interventions related to financial resources.
- Linkage with an appropriate utilization of community resources.
- Use of short and long term counseling.
- Short and long term health care planning.